Wow, 160 … that’s almost a milestone, isn’t it? I suppose I should take the time to try out something new then, huh?
In any case, here’s a quick rundown on my opinions concerning Flickr’s decision to host videos:
- Flickr’s video hosting is to most online videos as Twitter is to most blog posts.
- 90 seconds is very short.
- If you edit well, 90 seconds can be enough. (Remember, most commercials are 60 seconds or less.)
- The first time I tried to cut one of my ramblings down to a minute and a half, it wasn’t easy.
- I say in the video that I cut 10 minutes of footage out to make it fit. I was exaggerating.
- It wasn’t more than 8 minutes. Honest.
- Still, editing out everything except the core points took much longer than I thought it would.
- Flickr Video ≠ YouTube
- Flickr Video = Neat little toy
- You can supposedly embed the videos as easily as the photos.
- “Supposedly,” because copy/pasting the provided HTML code did nothing but place a blank, black box in this blog entry.